Monday, September 17, 2012

Favorite Things: Cupcake Tower

Recently I was asked to bake for a wedding.  My first wedding . . . I was pretty excited! And a little nervous. Once I found out that the bride wanted a cupcake tower with a small cake on top I relaxed a little.  I can definitely do cupcakes, and I can even handle smaller cakes as well.  As my six year old would say "easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"  At least I hoped it would be that easy.

I have been wanting to invest in a cupcake tower, for a while now, so this was the perfect time to finally purchase one.  I know that it will get used as my little business grows and as our family looks forward to some exciting family events in the future. 

After looking at lots of different options for cupcake towers online - from cardboard to acrylic - I decided on this one, and I am so glad that I did.


It's from thecupcaketower.com.  I purchased their round, medium cupcake tower.  I really wanted one that was attractive and would hold up well over time.  This was definitely the best one out there for me!  It is made of MDF board and the edges are actually exposed MDF.  When you order your tower, you choose a ribbon pack as well, and the ribbon is made to fit around each tier perfectly.  I went with white so that I could keep things simple and use it for any occasion.  You can also purchase other ribbon packs in a variety of colors so that you can change things up to match any occasion.

Besides, loving the overall style of this tower, I really love how versatile it is.  I can use each layer as an individual cake stand too!  I can use any combination of the tiers together, depending on the size of the event and it can be set up and taken down easily.  Perfection!

If you decide to purchase a tower from The Cupcake Tower, I would recommend buying the carrying case for it at the same time.  It can be stored in the box it comes in, or any other place for that matter, but having the bag makes storing it and taking it places so much easier!  It's pricey, but I feel like it is worth the piece of mind to know that it is well taken care of. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm looking forward to playing with some of my favorite baking ideas and trying a few new things in the near future.  I can't wait to share some of my best creations with you soon!

No comments: